Characteristics of CCSTHikari Ikenaga, Shiatsupractor®, Senior Educational Administrator
Thank you for your interest in Shiatsu Therapy.
The original form of Shiatsu was developed by Tokujiro Namikoshi-sensei who is the founder of Shiatsu. When he was a child his mother was suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, in an effort to make his mother feel better he found that his presses on the body helped relieve the pain. This simple love for his mother was the birthplace of Shiatsu, and it is why we say Shiatsu is like a mother's love.
Characteristics of the CCST
- We teach and follow the traditional form of Shiatsu which was developed by the founder of Shiatsu. This is the only form of Shiatsu recognized by the Japan ministry of health and welfare, and as such is the same form that is nationally licensed in Japan.
- We offer both Career Programs that will give you what you need to start a career in Shiatsu and individual courses that will teach you the basics of Shiatsu.
- Career Programs have a mandatory clinical placement component which builds each student's skills up so when they graduate they are professionals that clients will love. The supervised clinical placement involves treating, speaking with, and receiving feedback from real clients as well as being evaluated by a professional along the way.
- Designated with Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB)
- All of our instructors have experience in their field and are qualified to teach as per the PTIB requirements. Our Shiatsu instructors continually improve their skills by practicing Shiatsu daily and following Shiatsu Masters who have over 40 years of experience.
- Student Aid : Financial assistant may be available to eligible studdents.
- CCST is a British Columbia's EQA-designed Post-Secondary school.
I would be happy to help you select and coordinate your courses, if you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting myself or any of our staff. I look forward to meeting you at our Canadian College of Shiatsu Therapy.